Wednesday, October 9 in Margaux 2
The VIVA-branded Face-Off is back by popular demand, and VIVA 13 invites vascular fellows from the U.S. and international physicians to join this lightning round competition series. Whether you are a vascular trainee or an expert - you will have the opportunity to face-off with VIVA faculty - as you present original research or interesting cases with a focus on complex procedures, complication management, advanced and novel techniques, and new technology. Presenters will have seven minutes to present (in PowerPoint format) and three minutes of Q&A as they are judged by VIVA faculty on clarity, interest, value, originality, and depth/scope of their presentation. The top 10 winners will present in the International Forum with the top winner presenting in the VIVA General Session on Friday morning. The top three U.S. fellows will win the new iPad and the top international winner will be awarded a two week 'hands-on' vascular and endovascular training at the Albany Vascular International Academy, The Institute for Vascular Health & Disease at Albany Medical Center in New York.
Instructions for submission:
- To apply for a presentation slot in the Face-Off with VIVA faculty, you must be EITHER a physician practicing outside of the United States or a US fellow (proof of international status or 2013 fellowship is required)*
- Abstracts, in the format of a PowerPoint presentation, should constitute original research or an educational exhibit in the categories of endovascular interventions, vascular surgery, and/or vascular medicine. The content may include portions of prior abstracts and/or manuscripts submitted or presented elsewhere.
- You must first register as either an "International Physician with Face-Off Submission" or "Fellow with Face-Off Submission" by clicking here. During the registration process, you will be asked to upload an international or fellows verification letter. You will not be able to complete your registration without this form and your information WILL NOT be saved. Please have this form ready for upload prior to registering.
*If you are an international physician or a US fellow who wishes to attend VIVA but do not intend to participate in the Face-Off with VIVA Faculty, please visit our registration link and select the appropriate category for your registration (Physician or Fellow w/o Face-Off Submission). There is a fee associated with registration without abstract submission.
You can download the forms here:
International Physician Verification Letter
Fellows Verification Letter
- After you register and upload the appropriate letter, you will be provided with instructions on how to upload your electronic abstract for review.
- All abstracts must follow VIVA's presentation guidelines. Presentations that do not comply with VIVA guidelines will NOT be considered for acceptance into the Face-Off session.
- Complete the disclosure slide. This should immediately follow your title slide.
- Avoid using brand name drugs or pharmaceutical company names
- Avoid using company or product logos
- Use generic drug names
- Use the most recent evidence-based data available
- Cite references on presentation
- Avoid using busy slides and dark colors that take away from your content
- Do not use foul language or inappropriate images
**Disclosure of Investigational or Unlabeled Use of Commercial Products:
If your presentation includes a discussion of investigational or unlabeled use of a commercial product, the University of Buffalo at SUNY requires that you disclose such information to CME activity participants.
During the course of this CME activity, it is possible that oral presentations, discussions, audiovisuals, and/or handout materials may refer to pharmaceutical agents or medical devices that are considered  experimental in the United States at this time or  outside the Food and Drug Administration's (FDA) approved labeling and current indications for use in the treatment of vascular disease.
Please note: If you wish to discuss billing or reimbursement for off-label products, you must disclose that the referenced company is not responsible for the information provided.
Physicians are advised to consult current prescribing information and indications for use for all commercial products and devices discussed during this CME activity.
Abstracts in final form, are due by August 1, 2013, and no exceptions will be made. Applicants will receive notice of acceptance status by August 22, 2013.
- All fellows who register for the Face-Off with VIVA Faculty and submit an abstract by August 1, 2013, will be provided FREE tuition to VIVA 13, regardless of abstract acceptance status.
- A limited number of complimentary tuition slots have been reserved for international physicians who register for the Face-Off with VIVA Faculty and submit an abstract by the deadline of August 1, 2013. Once the complimentary slots have been filled, which may be before the abstract submission deadline date, international physicians may still submit a case for the Face-Off and register for VIVA at the published physician tuition rate (click on "Register Now" button).
- Those accepted to participate in the Face-Off will be required to attend their assigned Face-Off session on Wednesday. The top 10 winners will present in the International Forum on Thursday with the top winner presenting in the VIVA General Session on Friday morning. The top three U.S. fellows will win the new iPad and the top international winner will be awarded a two week 'hands-on' vascular and endovascular training at the Albany Vascular International Academy, The Institute for Vascular Health & Disease at Albany Medical Center in New York.
Please contact Gaylene at Fellows13@vivapvd.com with any questions.
**Continuing education credits are not available for The Face-Off with VIVA Faculty session, but are available for the International Forum.